Love is everlasting, it never fades away
You will always be in my heart forever and a day
You were my life before you were taken away
Now I long for your presence each and every day
I miss your hugs, the touch of warmth they gave
That warmth of your love that endures forever
You always made me smile and told me to be brave
In mind and heart I’ll forget your voice never
I kept this special place in my heart, just as you asked
It’s reserved for just one person, this person being you
My heart still hurts a little but healing is its task
I hope one day to see you and I know that you do too
I love you so much and I hope you know
My love for you, Dad, will always show

1 comment:
A beautiful piece.
My best to you and this blog. I look forward to reading more soon.
Post a Comment